This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
1. Responsible and accountable for the overall planning, organizing, and executing of all things technical in nature for the domain¡¯s landscape.
2. Guide and grow IT team members and define technical strategy for delivering solutions that fully address stakeholder needs. Knowledge and understanding of current technologies and technology trends will be essential to accomplishing this. Oversee architecture and technical design activities for alignment with enterprise standards and quality/delivery standards.
3. Understand how to mentor and guide architects, leads technical team members to achieve project goals in these areas. The ability to identify opportunities to best leverage strengths of team members and help them develop and improve in other areas is very important to long-term success and growth objectives.
4. Partner/Support stakeholders to develop implementation plans and identify technical risks associated with each initiative and prepare mitigation plans for each. This is not a ¡°behind the scenes¡± position, so having the requisite capabilities to ¡°roll up the sleeves¡± and jump in are valuable assets. So too is the ability to develop schedules and other project-related documentation and artifacts.
5. Technical subject expert, to identify and evaluate new technologies and tools for applicability to challenging stakeholder problem sets.
1. Manage staffs technical resources as well as onshore/offshore technical partners
2. Responsible for resource planning for new and ongoing projects in the domain
3. Accountable for succession planning and mentoring & grooming talent
4. Partner with the domain lead to continue building out and up the resources to support the global customer requirements
1. Analyzes complex business needs presented by the business leadership, user community, and cross functional partners and recommends technical solutions with consideration to industry technology direction, company IT strategy and TCO
2. Ensures the quality, consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
3. Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds stakeholder expectations
4. Produces detailed time line for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status
5. Directs and prioritizes the work load of subordinate personnel
6. Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable
7. Approves all functional designs prior to the technical solution
8. Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts
9. Partners with all governing bodies in IT (Security, Infrastructure, PMO, Compliance, etc¡) to maintain the Domain¡¯s Complicity.
10. Represents the IT function at customer review meeting when appropriate
11. Directs education programs for her/his staff
12. Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting
13. Performs salary administration and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Experience in a global enterprise environment.
2. Experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies
3. Operations experience in a production environment
4. Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
5. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff
6. Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
7. Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts, and methodologies
8. Understanding of fashion/retail business model (wholesale/retail) cross supply chain (merchandising though distribution) to better partner cross functionality, up and down various organization
9. Superior critical-thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
10. Possess a sense of curiosity and have a genuine passion for technology
11. Ability to motivate team members to achieve goals and objectives. Ability to mentor team members on task management, as well as technical issues and solutions
12. Superior presentation, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills (including technical writing), leadership and teamwork skills
13. Ability to consistently set and meet timeline expectations; have a sense of urgency
14. Ability to eagerly take on the most challenging projects as well as help resolve problems reported while working in a fast pace dynamic environment
15. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
16. Ability to take initiative to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment
1. Bachelor¡¯s Degree in Computer Science or related field or related experience
2. Minimum (10) years of experience within Information Technology
3. The ideal candidate would have demonstrated capabilities in the following technologies:
? Java/JSP/Servlet, Tomcat/Apache
? Database: Oracle (Primary), SQL Server (Secondary)
? IIS/MS Development Technology Stack, VB/ASP
? Windows/Windows Server/Virtualized Environments
? General understanding of Enterprise infrastructure components and connectivity
o Current Applications Landscape (includes but not limited)
? PTC FlexPLM, Gerber WEBPDM
? MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word)
? Crystal Reports
? Micro Strategy reporting
? Integration with SAP (AFS/ECC)
2680 Matheson Blvd. East, Suite 102
Canada L4W 0A5
BM Technology Inc. is an enterprise business system solutions consultancy with a focus on Product/Service Information Management. We are specialized in Product/Service information management including PDM, PLM and their transformation with the new technology requirements on Big Data and Cloud Computing. Our R&D is looking into Online Retail Solutions.
We have track record of PLM project experience at renowned global Apparel companies like Nike, adidas, Liz Claiborne, Mexx, Limited Brands and ESPRIT.
With seasoned technology consultants having in-depth knowledge of Apparel business at the same time, we look for opportunities in servicing Canadian apparel design, manufacturing and retail companies to help accelerate time to market by leveraging leading edge technologies and lean implementation methodologies. For details, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.