This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Do you know someone suitable for this role?
Our National Retail client located in Winnipeg is currently looking to add a Senior Fit & Quality Assurance Technician to their team. The primary responsibilities of this role include recording garment fit specifications on ¡°Spec cards¡±, (i.e. measurements, quality of sewing construction), and suggesting changes where necessary to ensure compliance to established departmental standards. Providing support to the Buying team by monitoring brand quality standards and controlling the quality of both in-house and line-buys plus assisting with product development. Helping maintain merchandise quality and fit according to divisional and company standards. Ensuring the look is fashionable and current to the market place trends. This person will report to the Manager of Fit & Quality.
A) Fit Development, Quality and Standards:
- Conducts weekly in-house fittings for both line-buy and in-house products by suggesting cost-effective improvements to garment fit, sewing construction and styling details.
B) Inspects production samples prior to shipping by:
- Colour range and comparing to finalized specifications and pre-production samples to ensure garments are the correct size and within measurement tolerances.
- Examining garment for proper pressing and sewing construction, and ensuring all changes have been made.
- Ensuring garments are labeled with the correct content, style and C.A. numbers.
- To maintain the approved block for each commodity to ensure consistency in fit.
- To measure all samples within areas of responsibility for fit, and production against size specifications to ensure the desired fit is achieved in a timely manner.
- To make corrections to specifications and details to achieve desired fit and look.
- To clearly communicate to the vendor any changes, or corrections that need to be made.
- The Fit Technician with Product Developer or Assistant Buyer (for appropriate commodities) will approve production samples from first orders to repeat orders to maintain consistency.
- To continually strive to upgrade the product without affecting the value.
- Notifying Buyers of improvements to quality and specifications. To communicate corrections, modifications, approvals of samples to the vendor, and Product Developer within the timeline and action schedule deadlines.
- Create fit sketches to aid the vendor in correcting fit issues.
- To identify and analyze problems, make sound recommendations and take appropriate action. Follow-up to ensure all production details and specifications are being respected (i.e. corrections made to production).
C) Trains the Buying teams to quality inspect and measure line-buy production samples by:
- Demonstrating proper methods for measuring garments.
- Ensuring the team compares garments to their ¡°Spec cards¡± to finalize the cards and ensure any changes have been made.
- Demonstrating how to complete Sample Approval Forms to ensure all points have been examined.
- Acting as support for all quality concerns from the Buying teams.
- Maintains the filing of specification sheets, (by department, vendor and season), and Quality Forms for reference by the Buyers.
- Maintain market awareness through quarterly store visits to shop and analyze competitors. To stay aware of the latest fashions by using all resources available such as magazines, access to WSGN, websites, style and forecast meetings.
- Acting as the quality control contact for store associates, responding to their queries, and following up.
- Keeping the Buying team informed of all issues/concerns regarding the department.
- Notifying all necessary parties regarding C.M.T. changes when needed.
- Maintain courtesy and diplomacy in all communications.
- Listens to customer/internal requests for fit and quality and evaluates concerns and takes appropriate action. Looks for ways to enhance customer satisfaction with product.
- Enhance the Import department service and productivity by keeping supervisor and product developer informed of all significant problems and concerns related to areas of responsibility.
E) Maintains positive Vendor relations in conjunction with the Buyers by:
- Responding to and solving any queries within the scope of own authority.
- Following-up with vendors on all quality related issues.
- Representing company in a positive manner at all times
- Assist with the computerized set up of the styles for commenting to the vendors.
- Tests and records where required the physical qualities of fabrics to determine: dimensional stability; washing and pressing; pilling, snagging, stretch and recovery; wrinkling and weight; colour consistency of dye lots; and crocking.
F) Personal Development:
- Maximizes efficiency of department through organizational abilities and detail orientation.
- Effectively prioritizes, meets deadlines and manages time effectively.
- Technical background, with experience is required.
- Experience in women¡¯s apparel design, fittings, pattern making is required.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to prepare proposals with a blend of focused research, strategy and creativity.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy.
- Detailed oriented, with accuracy and precision.
- Experienced with interpreting market trends in order to achieve current fashions and desired look.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work both independently and with others in a team environment.
Please forward resumes to email@example.com quoting reference "SR Fit & QC - Win 4623".
*Please note that only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted.
Natalie Abbate - firstname.lastname@example.org